Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I Should've Never Put My Heart Into It

I should've never put my heart into it.
Thought I was through with it but everytime a distant memory
starts to fade I grab ahold of whatevers astray.
And somewhere in the mist of all of this our love floated away.
I should've never put my heart into it because everytime our song plays, it rips me away.
My heart shattered in pieces waiting for a spiritual awakening to glue back the pieces
but apparently, my spirits not in the mood to be awaken and shaken, into the girl I used to be
and let's be honest, you didn't love me...You were used to me.
And here I am reminiscing about what used to be.
I should've never put my heart into it. Did I not take enough lashes from the whips of your words? Did I not take the pain of the scent of another womans yearn and perfume, the fume from the flame left tangled with no remains? I still smell your scent as I spent days almost empty inside tryin' to fill myself with lies of what could've, should've and would've been and right now I feel like.. damn, I'll never love again. Can't even picture life without you even as a friend.
The white lies turned into an pneumonia of double dealing and I was dealing with double feelings.
Should I give up on this foe? He's not perfect but he's all that I've known.
I should've never put my heart into it.
And what do I have to show for it? Tell the world what I have to show for it.
But lukewarm kisses, mornings awaken with swollen eyes had become routine.
Singing sinful songs of how sorry you were.
I should've never put my heart into it, but see.. Maybe theres someone a little more
perfect than him, a little more perfect then than. I'm left cluching a painful love too afraid
to let go, but that pain was too much for us to grow and I should've been through with it.
But I put my heart into it.

-Nana Castro

1 comment:

rissapeace, said...

deep, i like i like..

ironically crazy!!!!!
you write like me, very similar way of words,

but even on a nutty-er note this is my exact feeling...

Love? your just used to me..